Compressed air solution for quality and efficiency
Energy efficient low dew point BRC standards compliant compressed air solution:
- To meet BRC (British Retail Council) standards
- Ensure constant product quality
- Protect brand from devaluation
- Minimise waste product
Continual testing and recording of compressed air quality to ensure contact with food products and packaging is odour and oil free.
To continually achieve the required dew point, AFS deployed a Zander desiccant dryer capable of handling the capacity of both on-site compressor units.
AFS fitted an automatic dew point sensory system in order to minimise purge air and extended dryer cycles times.
“Advance Filtration Systems professional approach and technical expertise helped us meet BRC requirements in demanding conditions and time-scales”.
AFS also enhanced the performance of the system by attaching a cooler unit, helping to reduce the dew point of the compressed air entering the desiccant unit.
The result of this enhanced air supply extended the cycle times of the descant dryer due to less moisture per cubic foot being entrained in the supply.
Modifications made by AFS mean that the standard cycle time is extended from five minutes to twenty minutes. As such the average purge is reduced from 15% to 5%.
By utilising multiple dryers in the sequence, AFS are able to ensure that the correct quality of air is constantly supplied, yet with the lowest possible energy consumption.
“Their consultation, administration and installation skills are unquestionable. Our requirements were met on-time and on-budget.”
Site Engineering Manager at Stockon-on-Tees
- Systems analysis and installation
- Multi unit service and maintenance
- Air quality tested quarterly
- System efficiency testing
- Increased reliability and quality
- Energy cost reduction
- BRC standards met
- Constant product quality
- Minimise waste
- Compressed air generators
- Desiccant dryers and refrigeration
- Ongoing service and support
- 10% reduction in purge waste
- Lowest possibly energy consumption and wastage achieved
- Lowest dewpoint achieved adhering to BRC guidelines
- Project delivered on time and on budget in scheduled down time