British Retail Consortium (BRC) solution for major food manufacturer
One of the countries largest food manufacturing consortium’s.
The client recently made the decision to expand their biscuit and savory snacks portfolio to the North West.
AFS were tasked to design, install and maintain the plants compressed air systems which are an integral part of the food manufacturing process. A critical element to the clients operations.
“If you take into consideration the volume of products manufactured every day at this plant, then you can quickly identify that if our compressed air system was ever compromised, we would be at risk of not delivering to our customers.”
During the early planning stages it was important that AFS selected the right equipment in order to continually maintain British Retail Consortium (BRC) standards.
BRC guidelines are in place to certify that during the manufacturing process, food does not become contaminated. AFS had to devise a system and a set of measures to ensure any compressed air generated and used in the manufacturing process was free from the slightest impurity.
“The monitoring systems provided by AFS ensures the highest standards are met. This is where AFS are strong, we are confident that this aspect of the plant is in good hands and we don’t have to worry.”
Even the smallest presence of oil or moisture in compressed air can cause contamination to food and spoil the manufacturing process. For this reason alone the overall success of the plants operation was focused on AFS continually achieving BRC guidelines.
The right selection of compressors, purification and filtration equipment for the new plants main compressor house was critical to the success of the project. Filters and dryers were selected to be used in point of contact areas, where any food came into direct contact with the plants compressed air system.
It’s at these points that AFS constantly measure the purity of the compressed air generated and log all data in order to comply with BRC guidelines. In addition AFS provide quarterly inspection and testing services to ensure BRC standards are continually met.
AFS also keep all documentation and certificates up-to-date, providing peace of mind and continual reassurance to the client.
“AFS are such a positive and robust team it’s hard to think of running our plant without their help, expertise and guidance.”
Client Project Manager
- Equipment identification and installation
- Compressed air generation and purification
- Continual service, support and maintenance
- BRC guidelines met
- Plant productivity
- Peace of mind
- Continual reassurance
- Plant design and systems engineering
- Compressed air generators
- Compressed air filters
- Compressed air dryers
- Constant analysis
- Up to 5 tonnes of cake is produced at the plant each day
- Up to 8158m3 of compressed air is used each day
- BRC guidelines require – 40ºC dew point
- AFS also provide energy saving services
The technical ability, support and locality of AFS made them the ideal supplier and partner on this project. They have provided us with an energy efficient, 5 year warranted package with full maintenance including all spare parts, giving us total clarity of project costs. Andy and his team have been a superb choice for us and they have provided a standard of service which puts them in a league of their own.
Chief Engineer Haygate Group
Fine Lady Bakeries
- Providing crypto removal on incoming mains water to industry standards for a leading sandwich filling manufacturer.
- Helping a high profile semi conductor manufacturer to reduce costs and improve their green credentials.
- Saving one of the UK’s premier food manufacturers £100,000 per year through an innovative heat recovery system
- Ensuring quality and energy efficiency at Warburtons – the most popular bread in the United Kingdom
- AFS Supplies breathing equipment to British nuclear industry
- AFS compressed air powers Fine Lady Bakery
- World-leading agri-business call on AFS
- Cost savings and plant efficiency delivered to global electronic engineering company
- AFS compressed air system comes to the rescue of UK Aerospace components manufacturer
- Leak audit and energy saving program saves food giant over £100,000 a year.
- British Retail Consortium (BRC) solution for major food manufacturer
- On demand technical management for power plant.
- Delivering manufacturing efficiencies and cost reductions for beverage can manufacturing supplier.
- AFS saves global glass manufacturer 70% on their production processes